The Caring for the Caregiver program supports family caregivers through education, research, and practice. We provide education through classes and workshops for family caregivers, opportunities for socialization, and clinical care to support families living with dementia.
Caring for the Caregiver works with vulnerable community members. With this in consideration, all volunteers must be approved prior to registering for events. To be approved to join this group, you must first complete the following:
1) View the Volunteer Orientation video.
2) Complete the Orientation Quiz after viewing the video.
3) Review and accept the Confidentiality Agreement
4) Complete the online Dementia Friends Training.
5) Non-UTHSA students must agree to a background check.
The process outlined above will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. Your membership request will be reviewed by the Caring for the Caregiver volunteer coordinator and you will be notified via e-mail when you are approved. Once approved you can register events in this group.